Wednesday 22 November 2017

Dusty Attic Mood Board Challenge November 2017


    November Challenge 2017

Hi Peeps, 

The last challenge I did was back in January.. Can you believe how quickly this year has gone! I have spent lots of time in my study.. Me on one desk and the boys on theirs... developing both our skills, albeit in differing areas!

When I saw this challenge.. Lots of earthy, industrial colours. I knew exactly what I was going to do!!

See this awesome background... I wanted to play with organic shapes and rusty toned colours. I had absolutely no plan, I just wanted to layer up.


I loved the neutral colours in the chipboard.. but decided that they needed to be showcased. So..  loaded them up with Black Gesso and pulled out my Waxes so I could work with their metallic effects. 


I wasn't confident with the orientation of the project so I flipped it!! So glad I did.. It gave way to the perpendicular lines of Corrugated Iron that is represented in the Mood board.. Not sure if its all that clear but I love the way the light dances on the metallic waxes in the Chipboard.





Who doesn't love a Work-in-progress pic! 
AND... a close up!!




Thanks for checking in and having a look! Don't forget to have a look at the Dusty Attic website for all the cool grunge chipboard for your next project!

Dusty Attic - Mini Chicken Wire  Dusty Attic - Honeycomb Medium

Image 1

4 comments:

  1. wow gorgeous piece!!!! Thank you for playing along with us at Dusty Attic challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colours and texture. Thank you for joining us at Dusty Attic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rosalie, Thank you. I really enjoy playing with backgrounds.. The focal point is totally my style. :-)

    ReplyDelete